Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Winter in My Hometown

the snowman made by the students in JiLin university
     My hometown is Changchun, Jilin province,in the northeast of the China. It has a very long winter and it is very cold in winter. The whole world is white during the winter for covered by the heavy snow.However,I love the winter and the snow very much although it is very cold.

a kind of famous food---sugar-coated haws on a stick
http://mag.gootrip.com/gootrip/_20module/magazine/article/2008-01-28/zz_18809_1.shtml


      The sugar-coated haws on a stick is one of the most popular food in the winter. Most children love it very much, so do I.  Its production is very simple, its main raw materials are hawthorn, with a bamboo stick after dipping them in taffy, taffy meets cold air quickly hardens, and then it becomes crystal clear, bright red candied fruit.  It is very delicious and welcomed by most northern people. 
the snow in the tree in my home university
http://bbs.hupu.com/4623529.html
taken in jilin university
     Making a snowman is popular among the young people in the winter especially this year in the Jilin university. In the late of the October, Changchun had its first heavy snow. The students in Jilin university made lots of beautiful and amazing snowman. They are very excited in making a snowman though it is very cold outside. What a pity that I can not join them to make a snowman!
http://bbs.xiangshu.com
     Another popular activity is having a snowball fight. It is very exciting! I participate in it every year. In the snowball fight, we are running, laughing and fighting, even forget the cold day. Success or fail is not important, happiness is the first. All the people running freely, regardless of the whole body's snow! How crazy it is! How exciting it is!
the snow scenery in the night of JiLin university
http://news.jlu.edu.cn/new/?mod=article&act=show&id=17767
       Do you love the winter? Do you love the snow? I am a boy born and grow up with the snow! I love it very much! Truth to be told, it is very interesting in winter. The whole world is white, you may feel the sky and the grand combined together. How beautiful it is!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't eaten the delicious food sugar-coated haws on a stick, my favourite snack in the winter when I am a kid. It reminds me a lot.

    ReplyDelete